happy street

I found this image on Pinterest a couple of months ago.  It's one of my all time favorites.  It makes me smile EVERY time I see it.  It got me thinking about what makes me happy... what's my "happy street".  So here goes... not in any particular order....


Vintage rustyness...
My garden...
And if they're all one and the same, well all the better!

My little house, shown here 8 years ago, just a few months after we purchased it... still rather plain.

With some sprucing up and flowers in the gardens.

And even one of the winters were we had a lot of snow.

Of course sunflowers make the list.

And zinnias!  The world can never have too many zinnias.

The magnolia, snowball and lilac trees that I've always wanted... and these ones aren't "youngsters".

Berries in the summer... raspberries or strawberries.

The American flag, especially cute little vintage ones like these.

Being fortunate enough to travel and see another part of this continent.

Niagara Falls... my strange obsession.

Striped paper straws... my other strange obsession.

Lattes... in cute cups or paper cups.

Taking pictures of fun and quirky things, just because.

My Norwegian heritage.  Come on, how can you not smile when your relatives came from a country with houses like these?

Christmas.  Enough said.

My family.  Also enough said.

Anything vintage... including this picture of my husband (the small child perched precariously on the front of the tractor) and his grandfather. And now that I think about it, I think my husband is now almost as old as his grandfather was in this photo... I guess that makes him vintage too.

And blue skies and sunshine, of which we don't get enough of.


So... what's your "Happy Street"?

Comments

  1. A great post. Mine: family, home, dogs, sewing, work friends, garden and blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper straws are one of my weird obsessions. Love all these Happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, what a lovely post! Happy Street so many wonderful things, I just love the pictures of your house, charming but my only concern when you get snow like that how do you get in and out? I am a true California girl... not sure I could hack living where it snows, but it sure is beautiful! oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy Street indeed!! Love the rusty sign and your windmill! I hope to have my "Happy Street" out in the country, soon! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that last photo! And I am finding that ANY day with a little bit of blue sky and sunshine makes me VERY happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! a little "spring" in our "winter"! What was with that snow yesterday???
    I have to agree on that garden thing...digging in the dirt today! And family, and God, and so much more! I've been trying to think of something to blog about...I may copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could you not love winter if you lived in a place like that?!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts