june is the best month in the gardens or perhaps i just really LOVE peonies and english roses!


June... and even the end of May mean some of the most beautiful flowers of my gardens here at Red Gate Farm... although this year the backdrop has mostly been dirt due to the new lawn project still in the works, the flowers still are beautiful.


The Rhododendron that I have named the Mother's Day Rhodie since it blooms at Mother's Day each year was beautiful.

The peonies have all been covered with blooms.

Blooms of various colors and sizes.

Some blooming for the first time ever like these three.

I'm going to have to figure out the name on this one.  It was a two pack from Costco many years ago and is blooming for the first time.  Looks a bit like a pink and white ice cream sundae!

A pretty dark pink, with masses of petals.

Pretty in the morning light.

This one I've had in the front for a number of years always does well.

I think this my Sarah Bernhardt..

The iris' that were replanted along the retaining wall last year did well.  Tall yellow.

And smaller purple.

Lupines, love lupines.  What a happy looking flower.

My clematis gets better and better every year.  I think I'm supposed to prune it but it does so well I hesitate.

It was really covered in blooms.

Up close you see a faint purple outline to each petal.


And my hands down favorite... well until hydrangeas that is... are the english roses I planted last year along the retaining wall/driveway.

This one is Winchester Cathedral.

And Bolero.

Bolero again...

And Bolero's buds even look good with a dirt background!

That pink center of Bolero turns pure white, like this.

A view of all the roses... and more dirt.

Bolero and the next one, Queen of Sweden, are just covered with blooms.

I think I like the Queen of Sweden best.

Although it there was a Queen of Norway I'm sure it would be my favorite.

I'm rather amazed I can grow something so beautiful.

I definitely like the English roses with the high petal counts the best.

 But this may be my favorite Queen of all....
Miss Bee... and she DOES have Swedish, Norwegian and Icelandic ancestors!

So hopefully I can catch up on a bit of blog posting but it's hard to compete with spending time with Miss Bee!


linking up to 

Comments

  1. What a sweet baby! That is an adorable crown she has on!!
    Your flowers all look wonderful. I wonder if the one peony is Sherbet. Something like that. The English roses are beautiful.
    My peonies usually start to open for Mother's day but they were late this year. Frost got some of them so not all opened. The odd thing is that the ones to open for the first time this year didn't get nipped. That was a great bonus!
    My Clematis is still skimpy. It must not like where it is planted. I keep hoping that it looks as nice as your's is looking but disappointed again this year.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Bess is more gorgeous than any flower in the garden. The peonies are a close second! What is the secret, mine have never produced flowers. Just lots of leaves. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peonies and roses can only be outdone by a beautiful baby! What a sweetie - you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how I've missed you! love seeing your gardens and what? a new gorgeous baby??? lucky you! Thank you so much for linking up to this weeks Garden Party over here at Fishtail Cottage's! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Bee is so beautiful and her crown is adorable too. Your Queen of Sweden rose is pretty spectacular. I planted two Queen of Sweden roses last year and then I had to transplant them this Spring. Now my rose blooms seem to be quite a bit smaller than your blooms. Yours are just perfect - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I am loving you GORGEOUS flowers, Miss Bee is the prettiest rose bud of all. I so wish we could grow such lovely flowers here in California. It is just so hot and they fry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I was just loving the flowers until I saw the baby! Yup, she's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to feature you at the Garden Party this morning! Hope you come back and share again this month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts