A good time....

Labor Day Weekend... the days that signal, at least unofficially, the end of summer for many of us.  When I was in school, this was THE weekend before school started.... it really was the end of summer vacation!  I thought it was an appropriate time to share a little something with you....

This past summer there was a song on the radio... and every time it played it reminded me of summer days when I was young.  Back in the decade of the 1970's.  For me the 70's was elementary school and middle school... I wasn't really into music much, I know I missed a lot, but still this song had that 70's quality to it... like The Captain and Tenille or Starland Vocal Band (yes, I had to look that one up too... think Afternoon Delight...)


Finally, I decided to use my friend google to try and figure out why this song made me think of being in middle school... hanging out with friends at our local lake... sunshine... and the scent of Bain De Soliel (as a budding teenager I'd moved on past the Coppertone).  Isn't it funny how a song or a scent can brings back memories?


Sure enough, the song IS a remake.  An artist, Terri Clark, remade the song by Trooper from around 1977.  The name...  We’re Here For A Good Time.

A very good friend of mine
Told me something the other day
I’d like to pass it on to you,
’Cause I believe what he said to be true


He said:
We’re here for a good time
Not a long time (not a long time)
So have a good time
The sun can’t shine everyday


And the sun is shinin’,
In this rainy city,
And the sun is shinin’,
Ooh isn’t a pity?
That every year has it’s share of tears,
Every now and then it’s gotta rain


And in typical 1970's fashion, the last two verses are done over and over... I mean why mess up a good thing with new words/lyrics?

And if you hadn't noticed, although the pictures in this post all seem a little random... they all have something in common.  Perhaps you may have guessed?

Yep... it's that the sun is shinin' in this rainy city!  I hope the sun is shinin' on this last, wonderful, long weekend of summer!

Comments

  1. I so enjoy reading you and enjoying your fabulous photos. And today some
    years ago thoughts of the
    weekend before the first day if school
    the 70's
    hummin a few lines of
    good times
    and the sun is shinin here too . . .

    You are delightful Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are all fantastic, and your words brought back SO many memories! I was just telling my daughter the other day about Bain De Soleil, and how that's what I used as a teenager. Just thinking about it, I can smell it! Thanks for bringing back the 70s for me in such vivid detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post and the pictures. The 70's were the best. So glad I got to enjoy the 60's and 70's. Seemed a more calmer world then didn't it? Great lyrics to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun is shining up here! Thanks for the great 70's memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely photos today... each and every one of them. Oh, and the smell of Coppertone... just one whiff and it takes me back to being poolside as a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta love the 70's. Wonderful post and I remember Bain De Soliel is was such the rage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great song, but I can't focus on the lyrics right now. Not when I'm so busy coveting your pretty stool with those great curvy legs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness that song and the Bain de Soliel bring back LOTS of memories for me. I'm a few years older than you so in 72 I got married...had my first child in 73 (at 20 ;) and by the time 79 came around I had my 3rd. Holy Cow how time flies! Love your sunny photo's. I'm afraid we saw way too much sunshine this summer...we could have done with some of your PNW rain and cloudy days. For the first time this summer we are finally getting outside to work in the yard and are ENJOYING IT. Watering once a day is MUCH better than doing it 2 and 3 times a day. Love the photo of the sun coming in the window and landing on your old stool. I hope you're still enjoying the sun.
    Maura :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts