I found this pretty little inspiration a few weeks ago and pinned it to my "valentines" board. I even knew EXACTLY how I was going to recreate it...
A couple of years ago I found this set of cards, over sized cards.... and I'm talking about 4 x 6 or so over sized, at my local thrift store. They were $.49 and the box was pretty trashed. I picked them up thinking that some cards were probably missing but could use them in some fun way someday...
Much to my surprise the only card missing was one of the Jokers! I guess the joke was on me now. Since all the cards were still there I didn't want to punch holes in the cards like the inspiration garland. What to do, what to do.... So along with my salvaged, left over, cut up bits of Christmas ribbon....
I picked up two boxes of super small binder clips to use instead of punching those holes!
And these ones are mini... really teeny tiny.
Of course, I was only using the heart cards for this Valentine project. I attached two binder clips to each card... the Ace through 10.
Then with a piece of white seam binding and an extra card for spacing, I laid all my cards out. I decided that since the back of the cards was also a red design, well I would do have facing forward and half facing backwards.
A little fussing and finagling and this is what I ended up with.
I used extra ribbons, including some aqua satin ribbon, on the ends.
One of my dogs sat and watched the process... I'm sure she was wondering what in the heck I was doing now!
I did realize when I was finished and taking these pictures that I had managed to start the "ace" on the right.... I meant for it to be on the left and then they would be in ascending order... now it's like reading backwards! Oops!
And since I have my grandmother's old set of cards... missing a few AND with fabulous roses on the backside... well I think I'll be recreating another version before Valentines Day but with the actual hole punch this time.
Enjoying a fabulous sunny day in the Pacific Northwest,