A pink and green baby shower



Since it's June, it has been 2 years since this little baby shower happened.  I know because the "baby" just celebrated her 2nd birthday! About time I finally shared some highlights of the day!

I had wanted to do some sort of party or shower using pink and green for a long, long time.  When I came across an old cookie or candy tin in the perfect palette around the same time a new baby girl was born into our extended family I had the perfect reason... a baby shower!  When it comes to parties, I love showers but baby showers are my favorite.

I have tons of jadeite (or jadite if you prefer), white milk glass and pink ruffled Hazel Atlas dishes in a pattern aptly name Crinoline.  So no worry on enough serving pieces and cake stands!



Being June, it meant that my pale pink shrub rose, Bonica, was in full bloom and just the perfect shade of pink to tuck in and around the table setting.



The food was themed around a "tea" as the baby girl's name is London.  There were lots of finger sandwiches, quiche and some macarons.


If you look closely, you will see that a vintage, chenille baby blanket was used as a tablecloth.



Bits of gold were sprinkled around like these little "oh baby" picks.... you can never go wrong with a bit of gold for a little girl.




Some of the cookies, like my famous sugar cookies, were scratch made but others like the macarons from Trader Joes and the little ginger with lemon filling from Safeway made the day easier!
 




Vintage baby girl clothes, in the perfect shades of pink and green, were perfect for decorating.



 In fact they made a perfect "garland" in the dining room.



Other decorations included a vintage golden book and a fun definition of "girl."



And as you know, I'm a fan of making little game booklets for showers as it makes it easy to give out all the games and directions at once.  Plus the booklet makes for easier "lap writing"!  A similar photo was used for the actual invitation too.



And favors, we cannot forget about a favor for the guests.


I think this was probably my favorite of the whole shower.  I painted little jars in pink, pale green and gold... added a succulent, from my own garden of "chicks n'hens" that were started from ones that my husband's grandmother shared with us years and years ago... so fitting for a family shower.

And can we just talk about this baby scale for a minute?  So adorable!  I'd been looking for a while and came across one at a local vintage market one summer.  But the most amazing part is the wicker part that holds the baby!  I've never seen one like this before or since.



And a final shot of pink roses mixed with a few white, grocery store carnations.



Two years is better late than never.  

I hope June is being kind to you.

Chris at Red Gate Farm

Comments

  1. So pretty! I love the carnations in the jadite cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love all of your touches and extra thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the ideas and special touches. The food buffet looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts