A timely reminder....


There are times when it can be easy to forget that many of us have much to be thankful for.  I was reading this yesterday and it reminded me how lucky I really am... to have what I have...

Then when I got home and the sun was bright and shining on this chilly November afternoon...

I was quite surprised to see this beauty...

A deep pink Hollyhock in full bloom.  With low temps in the upper 20's predicted overnight it probably won't be blooming much longer.

 So like this vintage little gal...

I'll be counting all my blessings,

Comments

  1. Your hollyhocks are lovely! I used to have some in my garden, I forgot what Ive been missing! Yes, it is beautiful in our parts this time of year and thank heavens for that!!!!
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and such little pretty blessings! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that hollyhock is gorgeous. I'm counting my blessings for lots of things.. I feel very blessed. Things aren't perfect here.. but life is still wonderful. Even though my daughter and 2 granddaughters are far away and this will be my 2nd holiday season without them.. ::sigh::
    ((hugs)), Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Hollyhock...I have often thought about planting those...but we get so much wind here...I love Fall...my favorite time of year I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling thankful and then a serendipitous holly hock . . . and Thankfulness even more. What a treat in a sea of muted color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Hollyhocks. Everything here died quite awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so very right! At a time when my husband and I are very discouraged with the economy and who our country's leader is, we still need to be THANKFUL. We have a warm home to live in, food on our table, healthy kids, and great family and friends. Thank you for smacking me over the head with the reminder again...but you are right. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe that's still blooming! How fun to find something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts