Can we talk Christmas?

Yes, Christmas...

After all, the Starbucks Christmas cups are out so it's officially the holiday season!  And if you know anything about me... well you'd know that I believe it really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Some of my favorite shopping spots have their Christmas decor on display and for sale (which I personally love), of course I purchased found a couple of little items already to add to my collection.

In a little over a week a local thrift store has their annual sale of Christmas goodies... from donations that they save all year for this one day.... a fun shopping trip and a great benefit to a local Humane Society.

I've been planning my Christmas wrapping and packaging... I even have the table from my daughter's wedding set up as a cute little wrapping station (more on that later)...

I'm amassing a collection of holiday and Christmas magazines and catalogs... am I a bit of a goof that I save these all?  Should I really admit to you that it makes me happy to see that little pile on the coffee table?

I'm listening to this in the car right now... ok, actually I've been listening to this for a few weeks....

And best of all, I'm planning some Christmas projects.  As usual, I've got lots of plans... and perhaps this year I'll accomplish more of them!

One project involves this fabric.  Fabric I finally "found" while cleaning organizing my sewing room.  Fabric I've owned for a few years now.  I'd like to use it with some coordinating fabric, that I also have, to make a Christmas throw/quilt for my sewing room... the colors and style are just perfect.
Source: google.co.uk via Red on Pinterest


Then there is this little idea for Christmas ornaments.  Perhaps for gift giving or even just myself.  I'm currently on the lookout for some vintage bits and pieces to give this idea a try.


And speaking of ornaments and gift giving, well this one seems to be a fantastic idea!  Inexpensive glass balls covered in glitter and what ever paper strikes your fancy!  I'm thinking vintage dictionary pages (which I have) or perhaps using a vintage book that is printed in Norwegian?  Something of my family heritage which would make giving them to family rather special!  And you HAVE to have glitter for the holidays... I think it's a rule.


After my "Anthro knock" snow off snow globes last year, well these little salt shakers would be a great idea too... and I have little trees left over from last year, snow and a a whole bunch of vintage salt/pepper shakers.... hmmm.  I may even try the bleaching and dying of the sisal trees to make my OWN colors!


And speaking of bleached and dyed sisal trees... I simply must be sure to make this little holiday vignette... since I have "LOVE" left over from the wedding...


I'm also trying to decide which chalkboard to recreate on my little vintage board... I've narrowed it down to the following three...




Source: etsy.com via Red on Pinterest


Since the chalkboard is double sided, I may make the decision easier and pick two!

So... are you ready to talk Christmas yet?
Apparently, I am.

Happy holidays, circa 1967 and 2012....

Comments

  1. These are all such good ideas, and easily doable for me except for the throw (but I love the fabric swatch)... I'm going to keep this post and keep looking at it over the next seven weeks. Thanks for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I'm ready to start dreaming and planning. I love you piece of vintage fabric - you'll have to show us the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am already dreaming and creating for Christmas! Love that cute wreath!!! Looking forward to seeing your sweet quilt! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! I am always ready for some Christmas talk! I can't wait to see what you create! I always plan on making Christmas crafts, but rarely follow through. I really want to do some this year!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I have some of the newer magazines (I'm kicking myself for getting rid of some older ones in a clean up one day) and love pouring through them. Lots of plans already too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris. You sold me! Not really, cause I've been planning Christmas for 2 months now. Just thinking in my mind, nothing tangible yet, but you want to talk old magazines? Don't get my husband started..Happy Thursday..(Love the 1967 photo)..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really been stock piling some great ideas for Christmas crafts! I like the clear ornaments wrapped in paper. I have a ton of sheet music that I would love to use. Can you email me the directions or will you be posting them?

    I love that you have a special workplace set up. It's sort of a tradition for me to do my wrapping at the bar in the kitchen with carols blasting away and the scent of pine and cinnamon candles filling the air. Ooh, I can't wait! :)


    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm ready to start the discussion! I was really inspired by those things you showed. I was just thinking today that I would put a layer of cotton "snow" on the baby grand piano and move my dollhouse there and cover it with little white lights. Bring it on! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it's a little sick, with Thanksgiving not here yet, but I'm with you. Christmas is my VERY FAVORITE season to decorate and buy for. I cannot stand to wait to give my kids their gifts. Literally DRIVES ME BATTY! LOVE all your ideas, especially the little salt shaker...how COOL! I very much thought about starting to put Christmas items in my ETSY store NOW. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a WONDERFUL VISIT I've had this evening! I love everything you share here. I made the paper n glitter balls a few years back and have a few tiny tree crafts in mind too... I must admit that I really, really adore Thanksgiving tho. Today I went out n loaded up on clearance priced interesting gourds, kales n corn to renew my fall decor for Tday. Then Christmas will be celebrated to the hilt (The Elf appears Dec 1st and the mayhem begins)! Your last pic of Christmas past especially spoke to me as I have a similar one of me and my cousin with similar dolls.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One month is just too short to enjoy Christmas music. I have to start listening the first week of November--maybe the last couple of weeks of October, to be honest. And I listen to it after Christmas until I know it's time to stop, whenever that happens. I'm going to tell my DIL about your glitter ornaments covered with print. Maybe she'd make some for me. I love anything with "words" on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post!!!!!! Just got back from Cali...no internet and I haven't been able to see any posts! I listened to Christmas music on my ipod and kept trying not to sing along, as I didn't want the people on the plan to think I was looney!
    If you're willing to share the info (date and time!) on the thrift store, send me an email. sounds like fun, and you always get such great things!
    That fabric is adorable and I love that fabric! So cute...anxious to see what you do
    I've been pinning lots of paper ideas too and love those ornaments. Saw a cute bird design, too, that I want to make as I really want to do a woodsy, natural tree in my bedroom this year. (like the ones downstairs at Grandiflora.)

    Can't wait to see all you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts