No paper.... lots of glitter, holiday project #3

So this time, no paper was involved... just lots and lots of glue and glitter.

On my visit to Anthropologie in Seattle last weekend, we not only saw this tree, but this cute... even adorable jar made into a sort of snow globe.  It came in this small jelly jar size, as well as a smaller salt shaker and larger pint jar size too.
Anthro
via Anthropologie
It wasn't your typical snow globe since there isn't any liquid inside... just lots of white snow (glitter)... and a rather steep price tag of $24.00 for the little jelly jar.  I knew, like my tree project, I could make this at home. I ordered some trees on etsy.

All I spent was the $6.00 for the trees (6 large, 8 medium and 10 small).  I had all of the other supplies.

First up I glittered my trees with silver glitter (thanks again Martha!).  Then, living dangerously, I glued the trees onto my jelly jar lids while the trees were still wet!  Yes,  I was a bit impatient.  The trees at Anthropologie appeared to be glittered with silver, even though the picture above doesn't look that way... so I stuck with what I saw in the store.... and you can never have too much glitter!

Once the glue had dried so that the trees were firmly attached to the lids, I poured white snow/glitter into each jelly jar.... about 1/2 inch deep.  Then I flipped the lids over... screwed the ring on firmly...

And voila!  My very own, Anthro inspired snow globes!

I like the simplicity...

And of course, the price!

Welcoming my own, snow filled weekend, or so the weather channel tells me...


linking up to

Verde Farm - Fall Farm Friends Friday




French Country Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday


Common Ground
Vintage Inspiration Friday
vif187

The Brambleberry Cottage
Time Travel Thursday
CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTY

At The Picket Fence
Inspiration Friday






Deborah Jean's Dandelion House
Farmgirl Friday





Comments

  1. Adorable... love them!! You did great. I am impressed with the price too ;) Enjoy (?) the snow :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I just say......F!A!B!U!L!O!U!S! Oh yeah baby, that's some shouting going on. You've just given me a brilliant idea for my students to make for their parents! And for me to make for my friends.....and the list goes on and on. Thanks for the glittery and farmhouse inspiration! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkly things... oh sorry, I got distracted ;) Your's are EVEN better. More glitter. Love em' a whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this! I know what I'm giving my canning buddy for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they're so pretty! And you're oh-so clever! Did you use spray adhesive on the trees before sprinkling with glitter? Terrific idea...thanks for the how-to lesson. -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great...I can see my grandkids faces right now, how fun! - It will be interesting to see what the weather does bring us, stay warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and beautiful. A great craft to do with the kids too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and thrifty! You are really rocking the holiday projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours are better than Anthros!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I squealed when I saw these, Chris! They are fabulous! Have already pinned them as a Christmas craft for after Thankgsiving. And what a deal you got on the bottle brush trees--mind sharing the source on Etsy? :)

    Erin @ Carolina Country Living
    (visiting from Creative Thursdays at The Vintage Farmhouse - link #17 - stop by, I'm holding a giveaway through Sunday night!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your snow globe! Better than Anthrogoloie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very, Very cute. I did this years ago, saw it in a Martha magazine of course...and I still use them. I found vintage santas somewhere and used those, and some trees. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are just beautiful!... I love seeing what everyone is creating for Christmas... so pretty, thanks for sharing... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so adorable!! My sister and I were just talking about these the other day and we love it! :-) Thanks so much for sharing it at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Id like to wish everyone whose blog that i visit a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family's, and thank you for being a reader to mine. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts