A Baby Shower, with a vintage theme

I'm planning a baby shower for my niece.  Her little guy was supposed to be born at the beginning of April but decided he couldn't wait and he was born while I was in Toronto!  Since now he'll can be there in person, I guess he'll get to be the guest of honor at this shower.






















I love baby and bridal showers.  Actually I love having any kind of party... and planning for it, decorating for it, etc.  I always have to have a theme.  This theme, if you haven't guessed, is a vintage baby theme.   I've been planning this one for a bit and have been collecting vintage baby items to use for decorations, as well as fabulous Cath Kidston plates and napkins.... fabulous items in blues, greens, aquas and a little yellow and pink thrown in for good measure.

















Most of the vintage stuff has come from local garage sales and thrift stores for very inexpensive.... we're talking .29 cents to .99 cents.  I've got an old chenille bedspread I picked up for $1.99 that is going to be turned into a fantastic blue and white bunting kind of thing... I actually saw this on another blog and will have to track the idea down again because I'm not quite sure where I saw it.






















A few Martha Stewart blue and green hanging decorations and I'm all set to decorate for a beautiful little boy.  I've got some great food and game ideas but you'll have to wait to hear about those until after the shower... wouldn't want all my secrets to get out!






















I found this cute little, teeny, tiny vintage card on Etsy... I'm going to use it to make my own invitations.  I took some pictures of the card against a variety of craft/scrapbook paper backgrounds.  I plan to upload the picture to Picnik and add in the actual invitation text using Picnik... the invitations will be actual photographs that I'll have printed at Costco for a few cents each.  Kind of a fun idea, huh?






















So this is where you all come in... I've narrowed it down to the following four but I can't really decide which one I like the best...

Number one has a blue striped background.  (Picture the text in the right half of each picture.)

















Number two is a blue and yellow gingham.

















Number three is blue, green and yellow polka dots.

















And finally, number four is yellow and blue stars on a pale green background.

















So please, let me know which one is your favorite...

Comments

  1. Seriously they are all cute... beyond cute.. but number 2 is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this is all so precious! The shower is sure to be a big hit and so special.

    My favorite is the last one, they are all nice, but that one reminded me of that era.

    Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOODNESS ... how adorable! All the items you've gathered are just so cute! I must confess, I have a small collection of vintage baby items b/c I am ALWAYS so drawn to it! I don't display it but someday, someday, when I have grandchildren, I'm going to set up a baby room in my home and use all of my items! My favourite ... the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a vintage toy baby shower for my grandson, and I just your theme, too! you have found some really adorable items.

    I would choose the gingham if it were me, but they're all adorable!
    xoxo
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I like the polka dots...kind of a cross between modern and vintage. Love this idea of vintage baby things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always so attracted to vintage baby planters at thrift stores, so I can't wait to see how the shower turned out. Please take lots of pictures! I love the gingham background, but for some reason the stars are really calling to me. Either way, the invitation is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like number 2 as it kinda goes with the plaid pattern laid out on the headboard of the cradle. And it is quite soft looking, like a baby blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I would go for #1 but also could go for #4. What a great idea! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new little family addition.
    I love them all lol I am sure what ever gets picked will be great ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. stars, stars, stars! it's got to be the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm partial to two or three; but then again, you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable!!! I LOVE the stars because we can "wish upon a star" for sweet dreams as the baby sleeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the gingham best. Second choice is a toss up between the polka dots and the stars. Your vintage planters are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! This exactly what I wanted for Baby Bee's nursery some 10 years ago! Can't wait to see how it all turns out and if I'm not too late I love the gingham.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts