Sunday's Sugar and Sweets #4

The raspberries are still going strong in our county.  You may remember my post from last summer regarding our county and the production of raspberries.   My son works for one of the large raspberry farms and has been working from before sun up to long after sun down for the last 3 to 4 weeks.

Last night he brought me home 2 of these... for making jam of course.  I got busy with them by afternoon.  I put my raspberries (or blackberries) through a hand turned food mill.  It takes out more than half of the seeds, the only thing I don't like about raspberry jam!

I've got a number of jars of freezer raspberry jam all ready to go and prepped the remainder of the berries for 3 batches of regular raspberry jam to can.  I like to make both freezer, which I favor, and regular canned to use and give away as gifts during the holidays.

And there were even enough raspberries to make a batch of mixed berry jam....

Enjoying a beautiful Sunday evening "on the farm",

Comments

  1. Oh, it looks so good! This is the first year we had enough raspberries to make jam. Last year the birds got the few the we had. Our crop this year must be better because of the long cool spring. Now that we are hot every day, the berries have been decreasing in size and quantity. I don't think there is much that beats raspberry freezer jam! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberry jam and blackraspberry jam are our favorite. We have them growing wild along the road here. I am thinking of picking some for jam
    but they are pretty small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, YUMMO! Thanks for the gorgeous pics that kick me into gear to make some. usually, no matter how many I pick to can, most end up in my tummy!
    hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good and how sweet of your son to bring you home some!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy delicious!

    Wish I was on the receiving end of one of these homemade gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go - there is so much to do at this time of year. I could make jam every day - but I am lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! 'Nuff said! Well, I could ask you to send me some jam too, right, but that would be too pushy! :) Enjoy those raspberries. All berries are done in our part of the world. Stone fruit going great though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so gooood!!! So sweet of your son to bring you home some:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh YUM!!! I love fresh raspberries..and the jam must taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! And mixed berry jam...oh why didn't I think of that? : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm! Raspberry jam!

    We've been waiting for huckleberries, and just realized we probably won't get any this year. We had a cold spring and there won't be enough time for them to ripen before it snows. Sad, sad realization!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog.. I have bookmarked it so that I can come back & read more..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts