The "built in" for the dining room is finally finished. My husband finished the drawers last week while on vacation. I primed and painted them. He installed the vintage handles and slid them into place.
Since last February when we decided to sell our circa 1985, but made to look like 1900, china cabinet and build a "built in" cabinet we've spent around $500 and countless hours.
Well, then we kind of slowed the pace a bit, as usual we spend a lot of time during the spring and summer working on the gardens and the inside projects take a back burner until the weather gets a little, well, wetter.
This time we didn't wait for the fall weather to set in, last week on vacation it was time to finally finish this cabinet.
So... here it is... my new, mixed with old, built in china cabinet.
Just for in case you're wondering... Most of this project came from the ReStore; upper cabinet, ten of the vintage handles, lower cabinet doors and two of the drawers. Paint was a custom color match at Kelly Moore to match a Behr color "Gobi Desert"; their durapoxy paint is wonderful even if it is latex. Six knobs on upper doors were from a local store, Grandiflora, in Lynden WA. Trim and plywood for shelves came from a local wood store; Windsor Plywood in Bellingham WA. Miscellaneous items; wood, glass, hinges, etc all came from Lowe's or Home Depot.