New floor on the cheap















I love the look of old, painted floors and since most of our floors were in pretty rough shape, this seemed like a good idea. This is my enclosed front porch. It was the first floor we tackled.




















I was really happy with how they turned out, now all of my floors are painted. Porch and floor paint is what I used, even more expensive brand was only around $40 a gallon. I have only purchased 4 gallons. For my ENTIRE house.
PS - I forgot to say that I was linking this (first time trying to do this) to Rural Revival's Thrifty Thursday. Check it out!

Comments

  1. And it looks great! I think I'd like to recreate something like this in our mud room. It's currently covered in stone tiles that smell a wee bit from the previous owners dog.

    Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is charming and your life is enviable. I came to your blog through Rural Revival and I LOVE IT! I am becoming your latest follower. BTW - I live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) so felt a connection due to the fact that your daughter lives there. Anyways, I hope you'll come visit me and maybe I'll have something to offer you (although it won't be 20 acres of wide open spaces with beautiful wildflowers and cows as your neighbours).

    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floor looks great! I love painted wood floors. We have a screened in front porch too. I wonder if there is a salvageable wood floor under the crazy green indoor/outdoor carpet...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts