Pear harvest

This pear tree is down the road from my place.  At a farm with cows.  I think it looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.  I'm not sure if someone pruned it this way or the cows shaped it, but I think it's the coolest pear tree I've ever seen... kind of "whoville-ish".

































I've picked our 2 pear trees clean.  They, like most of our trees, are only 5 1/2 years old.  This season the trees produced about 40 pears.  Not too bad of a harvest.


















Maybe in another 20 years, my trees can look like something out of a children's storybook.

Chris at Red Gate Farm

Comments

  1. Wow - 40 pears! What are you planning on doing with them? I think it is so VERY COOL that you can grow all these lovely fruits and veggies, including the small white pumpkins. You must share ... what is the purpose of the white pumpkin? Is it just decorative or can you actually eat them? BTW - your daughter won my giveaway! I haven't yet visited her blog to tell her.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely forgot about the pear tree in our yard! I wonder if there are any left?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment... it really makes my day! Chris

Popular Posts