It's my first evening home since we got "the key" to the Peach Palace one week ago. Yup, we've even given the ol' girl a name. I've been missing ALL my blogland friends and just had to stop in for a quick peek to see what you've all been up to. While I'm here, I might as well give you a quick update before I'm missing in action again.
I picked out colors we're going to use to paint cabinetry and trim, bought the paint too. I'm still deciding on wall colors. We're trying to decide on window styles for the 3 windows we plan to replace immediately.
I cleaned the living room carpet, the only carpet we left in the house... the other carpets were, well, disgusting.
I also made the mistake of leaving my husband behind the other night. He said he was leaving too. Well a couple of hours later, he came home to say he'd started pulling the "fake stuff" off the bathroom walls... it looks like our job got a little bigger. He's over there right now, not sure that's a good idea on my part. I do have to admit, the fake wall stuff is ugly. It made the bathroom and kitchen seem a bit like a travel trailer and I don't mean that in a good way.
So just for your viewing pleasure, the weekend list:
- Finish striping off 30 year old shelf paper from an era when adhesive must have been stronger than it is now.
- Rearrange some of the kitchen cabinets to accommodate an over the range style microwave - I won't bed doing this one "on my own", obviously.
- Sand kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- Clean said cabinets.
- Prime, using oil based primer, which I will then be covered in for at least a week.
- Paint, hopefully 2 coats, of the chosen color, which is also oil based... will be wearing that along with primer.
- Paint all ceilings that are ready
- Finish scraping the back porch/laundry room floor.
Chris at Red Gate Farm